Get Clients Now!
My name is Tyler Dockery, and I am the lead creative with Dockery Design. I run a small print, presentation, and web design firm. And, I am looking for new clients.
Boy. Guess I might have bitten off a little more than I could chew, but it seems as though things in the pipeline are beginning to pan out.
Today, I am writing about my first week in the 28 day Get Clients Now! program for professionals, consultants, and coaches by C. J. Hayden.
THE ACTION WORKSHEET:
Get your marketing plan worksheet from the GET CLIENTS NOW! web site < http://www.getclientsnow.com/worksheets.htm >.
My program goals and planned ingredients and actions for the next 28 days.
May 18, 2009
May 26, 2009
What is your program goal:
10 new prospects / 2 new clients
Acheivement: 4 new prospects / 2 new clients
What is your reward:
Get the house professionally cleaned
1) Descriptions of services: These are mostly complete, but a full list with rates doesn't exist, and pictures would also be nice
by June 1, 2009
Acheivement: 10% — Slight improvement in terms
2) Blog Fulfillment: The blog has topics out the wazzoo, and whitepapers on deck. I need to fulfill the blog and bring it up a notch. Starting with 2 posts a week is a great choice. Quality ideas make quality resources. that means traffic, leads, and jobs.
by June 8
Acheivement: 40% — Slight improvement in commitment
3) Creation of an Email Newsletter
Quarterly / Monthly topics can be achieved if I have 4 in the can. The design look needs to be innovative or at least attractive. Main sources will revolve around blogs, whitepapers, clients, and interviews with BNI members and leads group citizens.
by June 15 for 18th delivery
Acheivement: 0% — No Headway
DAILY & WEEKLY ACTIONS
- Spend 1/2 hour each day on my Success Ingredient Projects Acheivement: 20% — work on 1 day only
- Visualize success daily Acheivement: 80% — Missed one day
- Post 1 blog / forum comment per day (LinkedIN, StartupPRO, etc.) Acheivement: 60% — work on 3 days
- Post 2 blog entries per week Acheivement: 100% — no problems here.
- Send 5 emails or letters to businesses per day Acheivement: 80% — 30+ emails this week to business contacts from networking
- Warm Call 2 prospects per day Acheivement: 60% — work on 3 days
- Have a 1-on-1 with a BNI colleague every week Acheivement: 100% — Met with 2 colleagues
- Attend 1 Networking function per week outside of BNI Acheivement: 100% — Joined the chamber of commerce and a local leads group.
- Make 1 new resource and add to the web each week Acheivement: 100% — added 1 whitepaper
- Make 1 new Community Contact per week Acheivement: 100% — added 1 contact through LinkedIN
30 minutes on leisure each day, as time allows.
Can't wait to see how things go, I'll keep things posted.